Benefits of becoming a Commission member include:
- The opportunity to network and work with conservation experts and professionals around the world in one of six IUCN Commissions. The Union Portal offers members a working space with other Commission members and provides contact details for more than thousands of other experts working in the conservation field. All Commission members are provided with login details and access to relevant groups.
- Access to IUCN’s knowledge products and convening power.
- Learning from and contributing to the development of new ideas, expertise and good practices in the Commissions. In particular, you will derive the most benefit if you contribute actively through Specialist Groups, Task Forces or any established Working Groups.
- Reduced registration fees for the IUCN World Conservation Congress and other major IUCN events.
- Receive and contribute to monthly newsletters, a valuable platform for active interactions amongst Commission members. It enables members of the Commission to share their news, research, publications, opportunities and much more.
Note: The Commissions expect their members to have professional expertise and to contribute voluntarily to the mission of IUCN and that of the Commissions.