International bycatch meeting - Bringing forward solutions for effective monitoring & reduction
From 4 to 6 October in Malaga (Spain), the “International Bycatch Meeting” will demonstrate the current state-of-the-art in addressing bycatch worldwide, with particular emphasis on the needs and challenges associated with the implementation of bycatch programmes in different seas and fisheries. This meeting is open to technical experts and researchs from all over the world working on bycatch mitigation and monitoring.
This international meeting aims to share experiences on bycatch data collection, identify effective solutions towards reducing bycatch and define ways to replicate best practices and discuss future directions.
• Monitoring bycatch and discards
• Capacity building and practical local knowledge for mitigation
• Successful solutions, Bycatch Reduction Technologies (BRTs) and novel applications for mitigation on industrial and small-scale fisheries
• Bycatch assessment from recreational fishing
• Management, policy and compliance
• Citizen science to support bycatch programmes and stranding
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information of your full name, affiliation and institution