Request for proposals - Audit services for the ADAPT project
Proposal for the annual audit services, including Agreed-Upon Procedures engagement ISRS 4400, of the project “ADAPT: Nature-based Solutions for Resilient Societies in the Western Balkans”
Photo: @Valendin Salja from Unsplash
IUCN Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia is looking to engage an external, independent and qualified audit firm for conducting annual audit services, including Agreed-Upon Procedures engagement ISRS 4400 of the project “ADAPT: Nature-based Solutions for Resilient Societies in the Western Balkans”. The assignment will comprise of three annual financial audits of the Project’s financial report for the following periods: from 1 November 2019 to 31 October 2020; from 1 November 2020 to 31 October 2021; and from 1 November 2021 to 31 October 2022.
The requirements are as follows:
- Knowledge and experience in conducting the audit engagements of the projects in accordance with International Standards on Auditing ISA 800/805, issued by IAASB.
- Experience in financial audits in the context of an International organization, preferably comparable in size and complexity to IUCN.
- Experience in comparable assignments for regional/multi-country projects funded by similar donors (Sida, EU funds, WB, KfW, etc.). Experience with projects funded by Sida as well as experience with regional projects in the Western Balkans is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting Agreed-Upon Procedures engagements ISRS 4400 in the context of projects and according to the provided ToR.
- Adequate capacity and resources required to carry out the assignment.
The ADAPT: Nature-based Solutions for Resilient Societies in the Western Balkans is a 3-year long initiative that aims to increase ecosystem and community resilience to climate change and environmental degradation in the Western Balkans. This regional umbrella initiative includes activities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. The project is funded by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and implemented by IUCN. The grant contract value is up to EUR 2.48 million.
Issue Date: 5 October 2020
Closing Date and Time: 21 October 2020, 23:59 CET
A detailed Request for Proposals, including a description of the scope of work and specific tasks can be found here:
UPDATE: Contract awarded to BDO d.o.o. Beograd on 8 December 2020.