Challenges and progress of environmental philanthropy as a key player for the SDGs achievement
This SDG Action Weekend side event, convened by Filantropía Cortés Solari, Velux Fonden, and IUCN, seeks to report on the main advances but also challenges faced by the philanthropic sector when promoting the scope of the environmental SDGs, whether in marine or terrestrial matters.
Photo: Aviv Ben Or on Unsplash
Advances in the philanthropic sector for the environmental SDGs involve not only the increase in terms of financial investment but also the impact of philanthropic actions, according to their capacity for replicability, scalability and strengthening partnerships between the public, private and civil society sectors, to strengthen climate and biodiversity governance.
Prospective panellists include:
- Kurt Vandenberghe, Director-General, Directorate-General Climate Action, European Commission
- Abdalah Mokssit, Secretary of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Peter Thomson, UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy for the Ocean
- Dona Bertarelli, Bertarelli Foundation
- Razan Al Mubarak, IUCN President
- Francisca Cortés Solari, Philanthropy Cortes Solari