More than 250 professionals currently work in 11 IUCN country offices across Asia. IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.
For open vacancies in the region, please visit the IUCN Human Resources Management System.
To automatically receive vacancy announcements around the world, please subscribe to the IUCN JOBS list.
Volunteering and internship opportunities
IUCN Asia recruits volunteer and interns from all over the world.
As a volunteer or intern, you will work as part of a team in the areas of project management, communications or research, in line with your field of study or interest. These opportunities aim to provide individuals - matured professionals and students undergoing graduate or post-graduate studies alike, with a meaningful work experience by supplementing learning through a practical and on-the-job training approach.
The purpose of offering volunteering opportunities and internships is to impart real-world best practices and instill influence in the decision-makers of the future as well as build a stronger IUCN workforce. Our placements offer practical experience into the daily operations of a non-profit international conservation organisation and opportunities to work side by side with IUCN staff who are leaders in their field of expertise.
A few institutions that have linked up with IUCN Asia on internship placements include:
- Princeton in Asia
- Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan
- Australian Volunteers for International Development (formerly AYAD), Pakistan
- Fatima Jinnah Women University, Pakistan
- Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Mahidol University, Thailand
- National University of Laos, Lao PDR
- Wayamba University, Sri Lanka
- Kyoto University Primate Research Center, Japan
If you are interested in coming on board as a volunteer or intern, you may email us at email@example.com. Kindly indicate your interest with the country office that you wish to work with. Please note that due to the volume of requests/applications, we may not be able to accommodate all volunteer and internship applications.