Luc Hoffmann Award
The Luc Hoffmann Award for Excellence in Ecosystem Management is granted to members of IUCN CEMM who have demonstrated exceptional initiative in ecosystem management in accord with criteria and procedures set up in the by-laws and adopted by the Steering Committee.
CEM members who have :
- Volunteered their time to support the conservation and management of ecosystem,
- Showed environmental leadership and set inspirational examples, not only for their direct surroundings, but for the country, region and the world.
- Contributed to solving an issue or filling in a gap in providing, guidance/tools for ecosystems restoration, preservation and sustainable use/management.
How to nominate
- write a short summary bio (1 page) clearly indicating the reasons why you think that this particular member may qualify for the Luc Hoffmann award
- add images illustrating his/her work, if possible
- send the nomination to Birguy Lamizana and the Regional Chair and Focal Point of the area where the person, you nominate, is from
For more information contact Birguy Lamizana
- 2012: Germano Woehl Jr.
- 2014: Eduard Zanen
- 2016: Dhrubajyoti Ghosh
- 2021: David Keith