- Global restoration of forest landscapes - where are the opportunities? What are the benefits?
- Spotlight on the Bonn Challenge, the largest restoration inititative the world has ever seen.
- "What forest restoration means to me" - Interviews with humanitarian Bianca Jagger, filmmaker John Liu and many more.
- Assessing restoration potential at the national and subnational level.
- Mobilizing support for the global restoration movement.
Forest Landscape Restoration is "an idea whose time has come," says Stewart Maginnis, Global Director of the Nature-based Solutions Group at IUCN. Inside this exciting and timely re-boot of arborvitae, the IUCN magazine on forest conservation, you'll find critical updates on forest landscape restoration - what it is and how far we've come - and new stories on the global effort to identify, map, restore and safeguard the world's degraded and deforested lands.
"We are in a strong position now," Maginnis says, "to help ensure that Forest Landscape Restoration fulfils its potential as a means of boosting local livelihoods, ecosystem health, and our capacity to slow down and adapt to climate change." With decades of work and learning behind us and a global restoration movement underway, the time truly has come to restore the world's degraded lands.