BRICs Law and Policy Dialogue on Climate Change & Biodiversity
19 July 2010 | Event
Climate Change Law and Governance in South Asia - IUCN Commission on Environmental Law Conference to be held in New Delhi on August 20th - 21st, 2010 Venue: Auditorium, India International Center, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
The IUCN Commission on Environmental Law (CEL) has decided to prioritize Climate Change, Sustainable Energy and Biodiversity in this initiative that involves workshops in Brazil, Russia, India and China. It will be initiated with a conference in New Delhi, India on August 20th‐21st, 2010 hosted by CEL members in India and the IUCN India Country Office. It will engage local and international government and academia, along with representatives from local NGO’s and IGO’s. The following issues will be covered:
- Dialogue 1 in BRIC Initiative: Climate Change Law and Governance in South Asia
- Key Issues in Climate Change Regulation
- Climate Change Law in a Developing Country Context
- Implementation Challenges of Current Climate Change Regulation
- Role of Judiciary in Climate Change Litigation
- Carbon offsets and Carbon Market: Implications for Private Sector
- Looking Forward - Effective Climate Change Governance in South Asia
The IUCN Commission on Environmental Law (CEL) is a network of environmental law and policy experts from all regions of the world who volunteer their knowledge and services to IUCN activities, especially to those of the IUCN Law Programme. CEL functions as an integral part of the IUCN Environmental Law Programme, which includes the Commission and the Environmental Law Centre.
The proposed outcome of the workshop is a draft white paper on Law and Policy Dialogue on Climate Change and Biodiversity.