Funded by the USAID, The project seeks to strengthen East African Community (EAC’s) institutional leadership to deliver on its regional mandate and commitments to conserve and manage shared environment and natural resources in East Africa. It works to strengthen existing regional conservation initiatives through generating evidence-based information, innovative methodologies, tools, and best practices for the benefit of the EAC Partner States and their citizens.
Project Result Areas
- Collaborative conservation and management of transboundary natural resources enhanced.
- Perceived value of living wildlife increased.
- Wildlife poaching and trafficking reduced.
- East African Community (EAC)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) - Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO)
- Wildlife Trade Monitoring Network (TRAFFIC)
- Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF)