Join us in Marrakesh as IUCN's forest team puts a spotlight on forest landscape restoration (FLR) as a way for countries to achieve their NDCs and other pledges. We are also leading discussions and joining panels on topics such as climate-smart agriculture, gender-responsive FLR, and the Bonn Challenge.
- Nov 8: Multi-stakeholder approaches to forest landscapes. Indonesia Pavilion, Blue Zone, 9:00-10:30. IUCN Speaker: Chetan Kumar
- Nov 8: Global Climate Action, Forest Action Day. 15:00-15:30. IUCN Speaker: Stewart Maginnis
- Nov 9: Afforestation and REDD+ in India. India Pavilion, Blue Zone, 10:00-11:45. IUCN Speaker: Chetan Kumar
- Nov 9: Ecosystems and Climate Change. India Pavilion, Blue Zone, 12:00-13:30. IUCN Speaker: Stewart Maginnis
- Nov 9: Side event on partnership in West Africa. Africa Pavilion, Blue Zone, 14:00-15:30. IUCN Speaker: Stewart Maginnis
- Nov 10: Making Adaptation Effective through ecosystem-based approaches to climate change, Austral Room, 18:30-20:00. IUCN official side event with RARE and TNC
- Nov 11: Innovative Approach for Sustainable Conservation: High-Carbon Stock Approaches. Indonesia Pavilion, Blue Zone,10:40-12:00. IUCN Speaker: Stewart Maginnis
- Nov 12: Transboundary REDD+ Programme in Himalayas: South-South Cooperation for Climate Change mitigation. India Pavilion, Blue Zone, 9:00-10:30. IUCN Speaker: Sandeep Sengupta
- Nov 14: Global Launch of the Bonn Challenge Barometer and InfoFLR.org. Climate Change Studio, Blue Zone, 11:00-11:45. Speakers: Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety; Inger Andersen, Director General, IUCN; Carole Saint-Laurent, Deputy Director, Global Forest & Climate Change Programme, IUCN
- Nov 15: Sustainable Food Systems for Biodiversity, Nutrition and Health. 13:45-15:30, African Pavillion, Salle 2. IUCN Speaker: Inger Andersen, Director General
- Nov 16: IUCN booth at the Global Landscapes Forum. Kenzi Club Agdal (offsite from COP22), all day.
- Nov 16: Informing the policymaking landscape: From research to action in the fight against climate change and hunger. Global Landscapes Forum, Ourika Room, 9:00-10:30. IUCN Speaker: Carole Saint-Laurent
- Nov 17: The role of Brazil, agriculture and forestry in the Paris Agreement agenda. Bering Room (150), Blue Zone, 16:45-18:15.
Contact us for more information.