The Global Drylands Initiative strategic priorities are grouped under three key result areas:
- IUCN is developing evidence for targeting and monitoring in dryland ecosystem and restoring them through governance-based approaches to communal resource management.
- IUCN is developing adapted and scalable methodologies for assessing non-equilibrium dryland ecology, to provide stronger governance for restoration and sustainable land management from local to global levels.
- IUCN is promoting policies and investments for sustainable management of drylands that support local adaptations for resilient dryland ecosystems and economies.
Global and Regional Initiatives to deliver these strategic priorities are:
- Healthy Ecosystems for Rangeland Development-HERD
- Closing the Gaps in Great Green Wall: Linking sectors and stakeholders for increased synergy and scaling-up-GGW
- World Initiative for Sustainable Pastoralism-WISP
- Drylands, Livelihood and Gender Programme - ROWA
- People and Landscapes Programme - ESARO
- PACO Region