Photo: GDI Programme Areas
- IUCN is developing evidence for targeting and monitoring in dryland ecosystem and restoring them through governance-based approaches to communal resource management.
- IUCN is developing adapted and scalable methodologies for assessing non-equilibrium dryland ecology, to provide stronger governance for restoration and sustainable land management from local to global levels.
- IUCN is promoting policies and investments for sustainable management of drylands that support local adaptations for resilient dryland ecosystems and economies.
Global and Regional Initiatives to deliver the GDI programme;
- Healthy Ecosystems for Rangeland Development-HERD
- Closing the Gaps in Great Green Wall: Linking sectors and stakeholders for increased synergy and scaling-up-GGW
- World Initiative for Sustainable Pastoralism-WISP
- Drylands, Livelihood and Gender Programme - ROWA
- People and Landscapes Programme - ESARO
- PACO Region