Business has a direct and impact on nature, but business must also be part of the solution.
Funded by the Swiss government, SwissBiz4Nature invites business champions to join this coalition of companies committed to taking action for nature, which can then serve as a model for other companies.
- A coalition of like-minded, forward-thinking companies with operations in Switzerland;
- A project led by business leaders with the support of a Steering Committee;
- A platform involving other relevant stakeholders from government and NGOs; and,
- Coordinated by IUCN in collaboration with the IUCN Swiss National Committee.
Recognising nature has an important role to play in business
Increasingly, business leaders realise that integrating nature into their decision making can result in multiple benefits for their companies and society, such as:
- Enhancing understanding of your company's dependencies and impacts on nature can increase opportunities for greater efficiencies and forward planning.
- Measuring your biodiversity performance can strengthen long-term business viability.
- Keeping pace with the regulatory environment means your company is better positioned to adapt to change.
- Adopting nature-based solutions can create greater resilience and protection for ecosystem services.
- Increasing your company's contribution to nature can boost future financing and shareholder value.
How can SwissBiz4Nature help your company?
By joining the coalition, business leaders can help drive greater efficiencies within their companies as well as reinforce their business performance sustainability measurements, by:
- Strengthening their biodiversity and climate actions.
- Preparing for future regulatory and legal requirements.
- Enhancing their image and marketability with future customers.
- Anticipating challenges by working on Sustainability 3.0.
- Learning how peers are tackling environmental risks and opportunities.
For more information, contact:
IUCN's Business and Biodiversity Programme