The Early Career Group (ECG) of the IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law provides a cross-cutting platform for early career environmental lawyers, policy-makers, and scholars to develop innovative and integrated solutions to the future challenges of our planet.
IUCN WCEL Early Career Group
- Providing a cross-cutting platform for early career environmental lawyers, policy-makers, and scholars
- Promoting inter-generational partnerships within the WCEL, the wider IUCN Environmental Law Programme, the IUCN Academy of Environmental Law, and across IUCN Commissions through the Intergenerational Partnership for Sustainability (IPS).
- Contributing to webinar series that stimulate dialogue on emerging environmental law concerns and innovative solutions by bringing together perspectives from across sectors and generations and providing a set of interdisciplinary methods and tools to affect change
- Publication of "The Future of Environmental Law" consisting of a series of essays from ECG members and articulating an agenda for change in environmental law scholarship, as well as directions for institutional and legislative reform
- Assisting with facilitating online engagement and social media within WCEL and with the wider public
- Contributing to World Environmental Law Congresses and WCEL activities at IUCN World Conservation Congresses
- Providing next generation perspectives on WCEL planning, strategies, and activities
- Managing the “Future of Environmental Law” website