This state-of-the art complex sets a benchmark in sustainable construction. One of Europe's greenest office buildings certified for both LEED PLATINUM and MINERGIE-P-ECO certification, it incorporates a series of innovative green building techniques while operating within tight cost constraints. Innovative features include use of rainwater for toilets and irrigation; heat recuperation from refrigerators to produce hot water; a CHF 1 million solar parc from Romande Energie Renouvelable that also provides energy back to the Swiss electricity grid; energy efficient lighting; local and recycled building materials; geothermal heating and a decentralised carbon dioxide controlled air supply system.
The Conservation Centre also hosts other conservation organisations: WWF International, the Ramsar Convention, the MAVA Foundation and the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Building green standards
The building is designed to incorporate a series of innovative green building techniques while operating within tight cost constraints. Functional, economic, and architectural criteria were used as the basis for the design.
To leverage these criteria, building components need to serve multiple purposes. In addition, a minimal amount of material and technology is used throughout the design while maximizing the quality of the working environment and the building’s energy performance.
An expert team of sustainable architects, partners, consultants and engineers were chosen and tasked with design and building standards which meet the highest levels of certification with both LEED and MINERGIE-P. This building exemplifies how development and sustainability can co-exist and highlights what sustainable construction can accomplish in terms of energy and material use.
• An outdoor terrace, partially enclosed, for receptions and events.
Holcim Think Tank
• The largest conference space located on the top floor.
• Capacity 150 with elevator access and kitchen facilities; spectacular views of the lake and alps.
• Visitors experience the natural beauty of local flora and fauna just outside our office door in the spectacular natural garden with didactic tours.
• The Conservation Centre offers numerous meeting rooms which can be rented for conferences or special events.