One of IUCN’s key objectives is to share the knowledge gathered by its unique global community of 10,000+ scientists. IUCN's knowledge products consist of conservation databases and tools which have already proved helpful to hundreds of organizations.
Access directly Species, Protected Areas, Key Biodiversity Areas, Law, and Ecosystem databases:
- The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species assesses risk of species extinction
- The IUCN Red List of Ecosystems assesses risk of ecosystem collapse
- The IUCN World Heritage Outlook assesses World Heritage sites over time
- The World Database of Key Biodiversity Areas assesses sites important for biodiversity
- Protected Planet assesses protected areas
- ECOLEX provides a gateway to environmental law
- PANORAMA provides practical solutions for sustainable development
Other conservation tools
Discover more conservation tools which have been created by IUCN and its partners.