- 15-18 December 2016, in Lisbon, Portugal. Eleven bryophyte experts participated in this four-day workshop in which approximately 150 species were evaluated.
- 24-27 January 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic. Seventeen bryophyte experts participated in this four-day workshop hosted by the Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic. Approximately 200 species were evaluated.
- 28 February - 3 March 2017 in Brussels, Belgium. Hosted by the IUCN European Regional Office, the workshop brought together 14 bryophyte experts from 13 countries to assess the extinction risk of around 170 European bryophytes (mosses, hornworts and liverworts).
- 18-21 April 2017 in Dublin, Ireland. Hosted by the National Botanical Gardens of Ireland, this workshop brought together 12 bryophyte experts from 11 countries to assess the extinction risk of around 190 bryophytes with a northwestern European distribution.
- 5-9 June 2017 in Uppsala, Sweden.This four-day workshop was hosted by ArtDatabanken at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), where 17 bryophyte experts from 8 countries assessed around 150 bryophytes (mosses, hornworts and liverworts) with a northern European distribution.
- 24-27 June 2016 in Brussels, Belgium. Seven pteridophyte experts participated in this four-day workshop in which 195 species were evaluated.
Saproxylic beetle workshop
- 9-12 July 2016 in Rome, Italy. 15 saproxylic beetle experts participated in this four-day workshop in which 253 species were evaluated.
Terrestrial mollusc workshop
- 28 November - 2 December 2016 in Uppsala, Sweden. Eighteen terrestrial mullusc experts participated in this five-day workshop in which approximately 600 species were evaluated.
20-24 March in Cambridge, UK. 8 terrestrial mollusc experts participated in this 5-day workshop hosted by IUCN in the David Attenborough Building. Approximately 461 species assessments were reviewed.
Vascular plant workshops
- 6-9 June 2016 in Zagreb, Croatia. 10 Sorbus experts participated in this 4-day Red List assessment workshop in which 207 species were evaluated.
- 10-14 October 2016 in Pavia, Italy. 20 tree and shrub experts participated in this 5-day Red List assessment workshop in which over 300 species were evaluated.
- 23-24 January 2017, in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands. Eight experts participated in the two-day workshop, which was hosted by the Jardin Botanico Canario "Viera y Clavijo". The draft assessments for 44 species of trees and shrubs, which are endemic to the Canaries were reviewed and their distribution data compiled.