ENACT's NbS Goals
- Enhanced protection and resilience of at least 1 billion vulnerable people (including at least 500 million women and girls).
- Up to 2.4 billion hectares of ecosystem integrity secured through protection of 45 million ha, sustainable management of 2 billion ha, and restoration of 350 million ha.
- Significantly increased global mitigation efforts through protecting, conserving, and restoring carbon-rich terrestrial, freshwater, and marine ecosystems.
Annual Nature-based Solutions Report
- The inaugural report, State of ENACT NbS Goals Report, will be launched at COP28. The report will detail a baseline of current knowledge on the ENACT NbS Goals. It will highlight ENACT partners’ success in applying NbS to key ENACT NbS workstreams. Workstreams are aligned with Marrakesh Partnership Resilience Pathways and Sharm El Sheikh Adaptation Agenda to leverage NbS as a key means to accelerate transformation across the impact systems through enhanced collaboration.
- ENACT will strengthen collaboration between existing partnerships and initiatives working on different areas of NbS. The strengthened collaboration will bring coherence to the implementation of NbS. ENACT Partners will have the opportunity to showcase and share their NbS commitments & progress, contribute to the State of NbS Report, and access technical support from specialized communities of practice.
- The ENACT Dashboard will be launched to track progress on the ENACT NbS Goals for adaptation, mitigation, and biodiversity.
- The Partnership will produce guidance on action toward achieving ENACT’s NbS Goals coordinated through the networks of practice on key NbS workstreams.