Request for Proposals (RfP) Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
IUCN Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia invites qualified experts to submit Proposals for the individual consultancy of a Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant in the frame of the ADAPT project.
Photo: © Unsplash_Ivana Djudic
ADAPT: Nature-based Solutions for resilient societies in the Western Balkans is a project funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and implemented by IUCN. It aims to increase ecosystem and community resilience to climate change and environmental degradation in the Western Balkans by employing Nature-based Solutions (NbS). The project works at multiple levels and involves government agencies, research institutions, and civil society, which offers opportunities for knowledge exchange, wider capacity building, and institutional strengthening as well as the potential for scaling up the Nature-based Solutions. With the project, two pilot NbS field projects will be implemented, one in Kraljevo municipality in Serbia and one in Elbasan municipality in Albania.
Development of comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks (MEF) for the pilot sites is planned to be carried out simultaneously with the pilot project design and therefore, MEF will also support the development of financing and management plans for the two pilot sites.
The Monitoring and Evaluation consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Development of a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (MEF) for the 2 ADAPT pilot sites.
- Design and perform 2 trainings on MEF tailored to the 2 pilots.
- Support with key MEF considerations and needs the development of a methodological guidance for the preparation and design of Nature-based Solutions projects.
- Provide relevant inputs for the sustainability and scale-up of the ADAPT project.
- Fine tune the ADAPT project overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) guidance note that provides both a conceptual basis for framing the process of monitoring and evaluating the progress and performance of the ADAPT.
Issue Date: 7 February 2022
Closing Date and Time: 28 February 2022, 23:59 CET
A detailed Request for Proposals, including a description of the scope of work and specific tasks can be found here:
UPDATE: Contract awarded to ÖIR GmbH on 20 April 2022.