The IUCN Regional Conservation Forum for Europe, North and Central Asia will take place in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, from 1 to 3 July 2019, as part of Union-wide preparation for the IUCN Congress 2020.
Every four years, the IUCN Regional Conservation Forum (RCF) is held as a key opportunity for:
- the IUCN Constituency to prepare for the next IUCN Congress and to ensure that regional matters are adequately taken into account;
- the Members to exchange, influence and connect with their peers from across the different regions of Europe, North and Central Asia;
- the National Committees to further strengthen their collaboration;
- the IUCN Commissions to meet and network; and
- all the participants to explore possible synergies amongst a range of stakeholders and partners.
This year’s Forum is organized jointly by IUCN’s Regional Office for Europe (EURO), the Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (ECARO) and the IUCN National Committee of the Netherlands (IUCN NL), and supported by the Dutch Ministry of agriculture, nature and food quality, the Dutch Ministry of infrastructure and water management, the provincial government of Zuid Holland and the City of Rotterdam.
For more information visit the IUCN RCF Rotterdam 2019 page.