As part of the pilot project "Inventories of species and habitats of the French Outermost Regions" a call for proposals will be launched soon.
This project was initiated by Younous Omarjee (Member of the European Parliament), is managed by the European Commission (DG ENV) and implemented by IUCN and project partners. The project BEST RUP (from French RUP - Regions Ultrapériphériques) aims to support small-scale actions to promote conservation of biodiversity and sustainable development in the French Outermost Regions (ORs). It complements the BEST 2.0 program and includes three main activities:
- Inventory of existing lists of species and habitats in the French ORs;
- Extension of the identification of key zones of biodiversity and ecosystem services in French Guiana as pilot site under “MAES” (Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystems and their Services);
- Call for small grant project proposals for French ORs.
A dedicated BEST RUP portal was created to make all the information available that is important to the next BEST RUP call for proposals. The website contains general information on the BEST RUP project, the type of grant to be awarded under the call for proposals, the key dates and the proposal submission and selection process, as well as many useful documents for the candidates and future beneficiaries.
Applicants will find on the portal:
- Guidelines for candidates,
- Grant application forms,
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Contacts of the BEST RUP Secretariat Central Team in charge of overall coordination of the pilot project and the call for proposals
- Contacts of the three BEST RUP regional focal points located in each of the three regions where the French ORs (Amazonia, Caribbean and Indian Ocean) are located in order to ensure presence and proximity to local actors and support them in their endeavors.
The portal was also designed as a platform to allow candidates to apply for a grant online when the call is launched.
Discover the portal and the BEST RUP team to find more information.