Agriculture businesses and farmers mobilised to contribute to the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework
Please join us to explore the role of business actors and farmers, and other key actors in the agriculture value chain, in contributing to the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (target 3, 10, and others), specifically in shifting action from conventional farming systems to sustainable practices.
Photo: Tom Fisk from Pexels
This session explores the success factors needed to accelerate business action towards an inclusive and farmer-centric transformation of the agriculture value chains. We will hear practical examples from business representatives, farmers and other key actors in the agriculture value chain, on the way they are shifting action towards more sustainable agricultural models while contributing to the implementation of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (target 3, 10, and others).
Speakers, including private sector, farmers, countries representatives and finance will share:
(1) Practical examples of land-based and nature-based solutions solutions developed by farmers and companies to contribute reversing nature loss;
(2) Highlight the role of key support actors in the agriculture value chain, including governments and financial institutions, for successful implementation;
(3) Draw lessons on success factors to ensure farmers centricity and multiskakeholder collaboration.
• Share examples of actions from farmers, businesses and key stakeholders in the agriculture value chain – and highlight how these are already contributing to some of key targets of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework.
• Inspire farmers and business across the agriculture value chain to adopt more sustainable practices (agrobiodiversity, regenerative agriculture, restoration) to contribute to reversing nature loss.
• Highlight success factors to accelerate an inclusive transformation on the agriculture value chain.
Host: Bruno Oberle, IUCN Director General
Moderator: Diane Holdorf, Executive Vice President, WBCSD
Scene-setter: Guillaume Chiron, Deputy head of the Agriculture, Rural development and Biodiversity division, AFD France
• Kevin Rabinovitch, Global VP Sustainability, Mars
• Ariane Kaploun, Nature initiatives leader, AXA Climate
• Geraldine Vallejo, Sustainability Programme Director, Kering
• Irish Baguilat, Asian Farmers Association
• Tim Lee, Director Sustainability & Responsibility, Pernod Ricard North America
Closing Remarks: Madagascar senior official (tbc)
Session Outline & Run of Show
Dana Rakha-Michalon, Manager, OP2B – WBCSD
Aissa Traore and Ludovic Larbodiere, Water and Land team, IUCN