By conserving nature and sustainably managing and restoring ecosystems, nature-based solutions (NbS) are a crucial part of the toolbox for addressing climate change. Healthy, well-functioning ecosystems improve the resilience of nature and society and often have a high return on investment rate. This event highlights the opportunities offered by NbS and aims at an interactive discussion on how NbS can help Europe to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
- Siim Kiisler, Minister for the Environment, Estonia, EU Presidency
- Ashok Sridharan, Lord Mayor of Bonn, First Vice President of ICLEI
- Prys Davies, Director of Decarbonisation and Energy, Welsh Government
- Elena Višnar Malinovská, Head of Unit Adaptation to Climate Change, DG Climate
Action, European Commission
- Wendel Trio, Director, CAN Europe
- Natalia Vera, Network of Regional Governments for Sustainable Development (Nrg4SD)
- Peter White, Chief Operating Officer, WBCSD
Moderated by Luc Bas, Director of the IUCN European Regional Office.
With support from: