IUCN WCEL Armed Conflict and the Environment Specialist Group focuses on issues of the legal protection of the environment in times of armed conflict, the role of natural resources in post-conflict peace-building, and the international legal discourse related to environmental displacement and migration.
- Support the efforts of the United Nations International Law Commission in its work on the protection of the environment in relation to armed conflicts
- Advance protection of protected areas during armed conflict
- Build the Environmental Peacebuilding Community of Practice
- Expand the library of resources on environmental peacebuilding
- Develop curricula and training materials on environmental peacebuilding