Open for entries until the 25th of May 2016
The IUCN Global Marine and Polar Programme invites you to submit up to 3 photographs per category:
• (A) Marine Life
• (B) The Poles
• (C) Destinations
• (D) Human impact
• (E) Marine Conservation
• (F) Open Choice
An overall winner and winners of each category will receive a prize and the winning pictures will be displayed at the World Conservation Congress in Hawaii later this year.
Please send your photos to [email protected] with the title of the competition in the subject.
Rules and Regulations:
• The competition is open to everyone over the age of 18
• Entries are accepted until 12 pm GMT on the 25th of May 2016
• Each entry must be the original work of the entrant
• For all categories, digital files must be submitted as JPEGS saved at the highest quality (at least 8 in Photoshop), Adobe RBG (1998) and at 1920 pixels on the longest dimensions
• File names: Entrant’s name_category_number (E.g. JaneSmith_A_1, JaneSmith_A_2, JaneSmith_B_1)
• No watermarks, borders or signatures to be included on the pictures
Please note we will not accept photographs which show the following:
• Photographers visibly damaging the environment
• Animals with signs of stress/being handled/manipulated/moved.
Ownership of all images remains with the photographer; IUCN reserves the right to use the images with prior permission from the photographers.
Description of categories:
Photos of marine organisms and their ecosystems from the tropics to temperate zones
Photos of marine organisms and landscapes from the two poles
Best dive and snorkelling spots, spectacular landscapes
Human impact: marine plastics, pollution, overfishing, ecosystem damage, climate change
Conservation actions that address the issues portrayed in the above category, examples of projects that promote and encourage conservation action, spread awareness, best practice
Photos that would not fit in the above categories. E.g. macro, artistic images, cultural & socio-economic importance of coastal areas etc.
For all questions and information regarding the competition please contact [email protected]
Images used in the brochure are credited to:
• Red Pigfish, tangs © Brian Skerry (http://www.brianskerry.com/)
• Young fisherman © Luciano Candisani (http://www.lucianocandisani.com/)
• Atlantic dolphins © Hussein Aga Khan (http://bit.ly/1KrLc7W)
• Sea turtle © Patrick Meier (http://www.mywilderness.net/)
• Whale shark, sea stars © Thomas Peschak (http://www.thomaspeschak.com/)
• Rest of the photos © David Doubilet (http://www.daviddoubilet.com/)