Solutions in Focus: Community led successes in marine conservation. This PANORAMA – Solutions for a Healthy Planet publication introduces twenty concrete success stories – ‘solutions’ – from 14 countries, contributed by a variety of organizations. The publication places these examples in the context of the current debate on protected and conserved area diversity and “other effective area-based conservation measures”.
The Solutions in Focus: Transboundary Protected Area Solutions (December 2016) assembles 17 'solution' case studies from 4 continents, demonstrating successful transboundary protected area management. More detailed descriptions of these case studies can be found on the PANORAMA platform.
In the bi-lingual (EN & FR) PANORAMA publication "African Solutions in a Rapidly Changing World: Nature-based solutions to climate change by African innovators in protected areas", several case studies from the African continent illustrate the "nature-based solutions" approach. They showcase that effective solutions to the climate change dilemma can be addressed through local responses that also achieve mutual benefits for biodiversity conservation and community resilience.
News, articles, updates
- PANORAMA July 2018 update
- Introducing and evaluating a knowledge transfer approach to support problem solving in and around protected areas, Ambio, Brady J. Mattsson, Marie Fischborn, Mark Brunson, Harald Vacik, (March 2018)
- Sharing and creating success stories: the Blue Solutions Fair in Thailand (March 2018)
- Exciting times ahead for PANORAMA - Solutions for a Healthy Planet (February 2018)
- PANORAMA December 2017 update
- Solutions in Focus: Community-led and shared governance of marine protected and conserved areas (multimedia article, June 2017)
- PANORAMA June 2017 update
- Protected areas celebrate Earth Optimism (April 2017)
- PANORAMA at the CBD COP 13 in Cancún, Mexico: Creating dialogue, expanding the partnership (Dec 2016)
- Launch of the new PANORAMA platform at the IUCN World Conservation Congress 2016 (Sept 2016)
- African approaches to tackling climate change: putting protected area solutions to work (Dec 2015)
- Micronesia/Melanesia: Small islands, large seas – and a different view on protected areas (August 2015)
- Panorama – learning from Inspiring Protected Area Solutions (July 2015)
- What is success in protected areas, and how can we better learn from it? (Oct 2014)
- Sign up to the PANORAMA mailing list,
- Follow the 'PANORAMA Solution of the Week' on Facebook and Twitter with #PANORAMASolutions,
- Read the Protecting the Planet newsletter to be alerted about the next PANORAMA webinars and news.