Are you a European student who is excited about nature and the use of social media? Join the challenge: Bring an idea, and be invited to the Netherlands for a week of creative collaboration and play to launch IUCN CEC’s next social media campaign. Hurry up! The deadline is 30 April.
Powered by Nature is looking for campaign ideas that use social media and communications tools to change behaviour towards the future of energy, be it through renewables, muscle power or just human efficiency and creativity. It’s time to explore new ways to address energy challenges, get people involved across borders and work together to build awareness and effect change.
Through this innovative award programme, IUCN CEC and Alcoa Foundation will select the winners from eleven European countries (Belgium, France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Spain, Iceland, Hungary, Switzerland, Italy and Norway). The best ideas from each country and the eleven national award winners will be invited to travel to Starnmeer, in the Netherlands, for an intense week of creative collaboration and play, during which they will refine, implement and launch the best aspects into a joint campaign.
Winners will receive:
- A unique experience, working with peers from eleven countries on a project that will reach thousands of people
- Feedback from renowned communications experts, nature conservation professionals, industry leaders and energy campaigners
- An all-expenses paid trip to the Netherlands
- Public recognition and a framed certificate
The jury, composed of Julia Marton-Lefèvre (IUCN Director General), Tómas Már Sigurðsson (President, Alcoa European Region and Alcoa Global Primary Products Europe), Juliane Zeidler (Chair of the IUCN Commission on Education and Communication) and Ed Gillespie (Founder, Futerra), will evaluate the submitted campaign ideas according to the following criteria:
- How relevant is the idea to the award theme “Powered by Nature”?
- How effective is the message and the connection with the audience?
- How innovative is the idea?
For more information and to apply, go to www.powered-by-nature.org.