IUCN procurement covers the purchase of goods, services and capital items, including the procurement of consultancy services.
IUCN is committed to ensuring that procurement is conducted to a high standard and that best practices are adhered to at all times. In particular, IUCN seeks to minimize environmental impacts in all its procurement decisions. Purchases are evaluated using a variety of criteria, including the necessity for the purchase in the first place to the eventual disposal of any goods procured.
Suppliers are selected through a competitive process. The process is rigorous and designed to guarantee quality and performance from our suppliers. We ensure that all potential suppliers are subject to the same conditions and that information received is confidential. In addition, we stipulate that our suppliers:
- adhere to sound environmental practices
- maintain ethical business practices at all times
- are not involved in any form of corruption or any fraudulent activities
- do not engage in any collusive or coercive practices
Suppliers and bids are evaluated on the basis of both environmental and economic factors. Supplier evaluation criteria include: environmental policy, financial health, capacity and expertise, previous experience and reputation. Individual bids are evaluated on the basis of environmental impact, cost, quality, fit to requirements and delivery time.
IUCN conducts a formal tender process for all procurements with an estimated value of CHF 100,000 or higher. Items to be procured by tender are posted on this web site with a summary of the goods or services required.
Companies or individuals wishing to participate in a tender must first notify IUCN of their wish to submit a bid and provide a summary of their expertise and experience and why they believe they can meet the requirements of IUCN.
The person responsible for the procurement in IUCN will then review the information submitted by the prospective bidder, and in the event that the prospective bidder meets the minimum requirements, the formal tender documents will be sent to the bidder.
IUCN is currently seeking to procure the goods and services listed below through open tenders.
- RfP - Design and realization of museological exhibits for the Buna River Protected Landscape and the Shebenik-Jabllanicë National Park visitor centres in Albania
- Request for Quotation ITSM – ServiceNow Implementation
- Protected Area Capacity Development Expert RfP
- Mano River PPG Preparation Request for Proposals
- Management Planning Expert
- BioNNA RfP
- Request for Proposal to become an implementing partner for the SUSTAIN Africa Initiative, in Mozambique
- Request for Proposals BEST 2 0 Expenditure Verification Services - HQ worldwide
- Request for proposals for building an office block in Nairobi, Kenya
- Request for proposals for building an access road in Nairobi, Kenya
- Request for Offer Worstations for IUCN worldwide - Location of IUCN worldwide offices
- Appel d'offre nettoyage
- Request for Proposals - IUCN EPIC Project evaluation
- Request for Expressions of Interest - Advisory Services for the Strategic Development of a Natural Infrastructure Facility to Reduce Freshwater Competition
- Request for Proposals - Global Wide Area Network
- Request for Proposals - External Review of IUCN 2015
- Request for Proposals - Executive Search and Human Resources Development services