March for Biodiversity and Human Rights / Grande marche pour le vivant
With COP15 (the UN global conference on biodiversity) taking place now in Montreal, Canada (December 7 to 19), the Quebec Civil Society Collective for COP15 and the Global Youth Biodiversity Network invite you to join the March for Biodiversity and Human rights on December 10 to defend all forms of life and send a powerful message to our decision-makers!
Photo: Quebec Civil Society Collective for COP15 and the Global Youth Biodiversity Network
Meet at 1:00pm on Saturday December 10 at the Mount Royal Statue in Montreal.
Led by an Indigenous Delegation, it brings together 80+ organizations mobilizing for biodiversity protection in the context of COP15, along with local and international allies.
The March for Biodiversity and Human Rights is organized by the Quebec Civil Society Collective for COP15 and the Global Youth Biodiversity Network.
All event details here: https://fb.me/e/3SBROMxab
More details and tips:
- Bring very warm winter clothes: winter boots, mits, scarf, winter jackets, thermals, hand warmers. There is a lot of snow in Montréal!
- Bring water and snacks, and signs.
- The march will be approximately 45 minutes long, with a rally and speeches at the end location (Parterre du Quartier des spectacles).
Not in Montreal?
Organize a solidarity action! We need to show that people across the world are unified in this fight.
- Organize an action in your area on December 10 with the messaging in this toolkit.
- Send us an email [firstname.lastname@example.org], letting us know that you'll be standing in solidarity.
- Post about it, using #COP15 and #LivingGenerations!
Can’t organize a solidarity action? Strike online!
Social Media is a powerful tool to show community and communicate with decision-makers.
- Amplify the march on December 10 by posting about it and sharing others’ content.
- On December 10, post a picture of yourself holding a sign that says “We are one with nature, protect it!” using #COP15 and #LivingGenerations!