CEESP Youth Newsletter submissions due July 30
Contribute to the next CEESP newsletter, in recognition of UN International Youth Day, to be published on August 12. CEESP members contributions will be due by July 30. Guidelines for submissions can be found below.
The next CEESP newsletter is to be published in recognition of UN International Youth Day on 12 August. International days and weeks are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and to celebrate and reinforce the achievements of humanity.
We welcome submissions by all CEESP members. However, preference will be given to those members who are under 35 years of age, and who are therefore automatically part of the IUCN CEESP Intergenerational Partnerships Young Professionals 2021-2025.
The theme for this newsletter will be “What skills do youth need to be equipped with, for a future that is just and in harmony with nature”. Topics related to this theme include (but are not limited to):
- Importance of youth voices in environmental policy & action on the ground
- Youth priorities and plans of action post-COPs (UNFCCC and CBD)
- Showcasing youth initiatives with intersectional work harmonizes the conservation of nature with the critical social, cultural, environmental, and economic justice concerns of human societies
- Green Skills for Youth: Towards a Sustainable World (UN 2023 Youth Day theme)
Guidelines for contributions to the CEESP newsletter:
- Contributions can include descriptions of initiatives, projects, publications, or pressing issues related to youth and social, cultural, environmental, and economic justice as outlined above.
- All contributions should ideally be 400-700 words.
- Include a SHORT summary of the contribution (up to 50 words): we will feature the summary in the newsletter and include a link to the 400-700 word submission - which will live on the IUCN CEESP website.
- Include an image (of the meeting, site, publication, community, etc.) along with acknowledgment of the photographer and subjects, as well as confirmation that you have copyright permission for use of the image.
- Please send your articles by Monday 30 July, 2023 to email@example.com.
See examples of past CEESP newsletters here.