MedPAN, the Network of Mediterranean Marine Protected Area Managers, is launching on 1 July 2011 a call for small projects for Mediterranean MPA managers. The projects that will be financed will contribute to helping MPA managers implement concrete field activities.
If you are an MPA manager in the Mediterranean, don't miss this opportunity for funding and share your project with the MedPAN network.
This call for small project is made possible through the support of the French Environment Global Fund, the Albert II of Monaco foundation and the MAVA foundation.
The call for small project will allow to back small projects on:
- management planning/ management assessment,
- innovative funding mechanisms,
- communication and environmental education activities,
- stakeholder consultation and mediation processes,
- sustainable management of tourism,
- sustainable management of fisheries,
- at-sea enforcement,
- ecological and socio-economic monitoring,
- monitoring of invasive species,
- monitoring and/or adaptation to the impacts of climate change
The call is open between 1 July and 5 September 2011 at 6 pm. The MPA managers who wish to participate will need to send a grant application form to MedPAN's Secretariat during this period. The 5 to 10 best projects will be selected by 15 October 2011 and will be attributed a grant of maximum 20 000€.
You will find all the details regarding participation eligibility, the type of projects that are required and the selection process in the Call for Small Project.
To submit a grant request:
1. Read the rules and assess whether your structure and project are eligible
2. Fill in the grant application form
3. Send it with all the necessary documents by 5 September 2011 at 6 pm
Don't hesitate to contact the MedPAN Secretariat should you have any question or require help in putting together your project. Please contact email@example.com
A second call for small project will be launched in 2012.