A new website for the Red List of Ecosystems
The Red List of Ecosystems (RLE) team is happy to launch its new web portal: iucnrle.org
On this site, you will be able to find all the information that was available on our previous site, plus much more!
Some of the key features that we have added include:
- An extended About the Red List of Ecosystems section, with more information on who we are and how we work.
- Current information on our Ongoing Initiatives, with maps of where they are taking place. This includes RLE assessments that are in progress as well as capacity building, awareness and Red List of Ecosystems development events. And of course, the Third IUCN Red List of Ecosystems Photo Contest!
- A new Assessments section, where you will be able to follow our progress towards a global RLE. Here, you will find detailed information on the single ecosystem assessments that have been completed at different levels (local, global), and you will be able to explore for the first time the national RLE initiatives that have undertaken the assessment of the risk of collapse of all the ecosystems within certain countries.
- An expanded role of social media networks, to facilitate keeping you up to date on our activities. This includes the incorporation of our Instagram and Google+ accounts, to complement our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Photos, photos, photos! The new portal contains a much larger selection of images throughout, and a new Gallery section, where we will be sharing images of ecosystems from all over the world.
- That is not all. Over the next few months, you can look forward to some added improvements:
- An interactive map section, where you will be able to explore in much more detail the results of the completed RLE assessments and conduct specific queries of our database.
- A new online publication: The IUCN Red List of Ecosystems Assessments
- A blog section to share your images and stories.