IUCN Viet Nam - Ho Chi Minh Project Office is currently recruiting a position of Mekong Delta Programme Assistant. Deadline of application is 10 Mar 2014. Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System by opening the vacancy announcement at https://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/ and pressing the "Apply" button.
Under the direct supervision of the Mekong Delta Programme Manager, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Mekong Delta Programme. The work will involve frequent travel to the provinces.
Assistance for Mekong Delta Programme project implementation activities
• Provide secretarial, administrative and logistical support to meetings, workshops and other events, including travel and accommodation arrangements for staff and participants;
• Develop project activity plans and budgets;
• Assist with establishing and implementing project monitoring, learning and evaluation systems including working with partners to provide timely and accurate monitoring reports;
• Ensure effective coordination and communications with relevant government agencies and partners as required;
• Assist in preparing, verifying and processing consultant contracts, agreements, amendments and contract payments (ensuring that deliverables are in order, all supporting documentation is available, and any compliance issues are addressed);
• Act as a Vietnamese-English language interpreter as required;
• Provide temporary replacement for project staff taking extended leave of absence (eg. maternity or sick leave) and fulfilling their responsibilities.
Assistance for Mekong Delta Programme communication and progress reporting activities
• Carry out English-Vietnamese document translation and editing;
• Assist project staff with progress report preparation and editing including the collation of monitoring and other field data;
• In close collaboration with the Communications and Outreach Officer, assist in the preparation of programme and project documents, including researching and compiling information (e.g. from the Internet and Knowledge Network); and help with the translation, layout and publication of programme and project dissemination materials;
• Write short articles in Vietnamese and English and provide to the Communications and Outreach Officer for publication in newspapers, magazines, web site, and other media channels.
General secretarial and administrative support for Mekong Delta Programme
• In close collaboration with Finance and Administration Assistant, coordinate closely with the HR & Administration manager in Hanoi on all matters related to Human Resources the HR / Administration manager in Hanoi on all matters related to Human Resources and Administration including consultancies, procurement (travel, accommodation, purchase of equipment and supplies), timesheets, and stocktakes;
• In close collaboration with Finance and Administration Assistant, assist staff with cash advance requests and book hotels, flights, taxi, etc. as required;
• In close collaboration with Finance and Administration Assistant, ensure staff maintain timesheets and prepare and submit staff time invoices in accordance with the IUCN timetable;
• In close collaboration with Finance and Administration Assistant and the HR / Administration manager in Hanoi, arrange procurement for the HCMC office in accordance with IUCN policies and procedures;
• Take notes or minutes as necessary at workshops and other meetings.
Carry out any other duties you may be called upon to perform from time to time by your supervisor.