The Cities and Biodiversity Outlook presents the world’s first global assessment of the effects of urbanization on biodiversity and ecosystem services. It discusses the massive challenges ahead but also the unprecedented opportunities, and identifies knowledge gaps that are crucial to bridge.
The Cities and Biodiversity Outlook "Urbanization, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services: Challenges and Opportunities - A Global Assessment " will be launched in the framework of the OPEN DAYS 2013 - European Week of Regions and Cities in Brussels.
When Thursday 10 October 2013, 12:30 – 16:00 (with lunch)
Where Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Rue Vautier 29 - 1000 Brussels
With the partecipation of:
- Dr. Thomas Elmqvist, Professor in Natural Resource Management at Stockholm University and lead author of the Cities and Biodiversity Outlook, Stockholm Resilience Center.
- Ms. Charlina Vitcheva, Director Inclusive Growth, Urban and Territorial Development and Northern Europe, European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional Policy.
- Mr. Ronan Dantec, Mayor of Nantes, European Green Capital 2013 (TBC).
- Mr. Johan van Zoest, Ecologist, Department of Urban Planning, City of Amsterdam.
- Mr. Wolfgang Teubner, Director Local Governments for Sustainability – ICLEI European Secretariat.
Video messages by Mr. Janez Potočnik, European Commissioner for the Environment and Mr. Gerben-Jan Gerbrandy, Vice-Chair European Parliament Environment Committee will be shown. The event will be moderated by Luc Bas, Director of the IUCN European Union Representative Office, Brussels.
For registration please contact: Danièle Kernoa, firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +32 2 739 3299