IUCN WCEL Indigenous Peoples and Environmental Law Joint Specialist Group
Kanyinke Sena, Chair
- Deepening awareness of indigenous peoples' environmental and human rights
- Contributing to the development and implementation of improved conservation policies based on the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Linking existing IUCN commitments and mandates to ensure concrete recommendations for a rights-based approach with specific emphasis on indigenous peoples' rights within conservation.
- Oroviding new analysis on indigenous rights and environmental law, especially related to local experiences and thematic issues
- Responding to evolving “flashpoints” concerning indigenous peoples and conservation