Country Office Karachi is managing the implementation of different projects and programmes of IUCN Pakistan and also houses secretariat for IUCN Pakistan and ARO Sub-Office.
This is a local recruitment. Only Pakistan nationals are eligible to apply. The remuneration and benefits package for this position is established in line with the IUCN Conditions of Service for Pakistan.
The primary role of this position is to facilitate and assist Administration Unit at the Country Office in admin-related work, and be responsible for reception services while comfortably handling the PABX system.
• Attend the reception counter, provide information to visitors as required and deal with
them in a professional manner; extend hospitality to staff;
• When requested, make appointments for the CR, RD and other officials;
• Keep attendance register updated.
• Make attendance analysis every month for the preceding month and share with HR on monthly basis.
• Attend telephone exchange (PABX) and receive messages if staff are not available/not on the seat;
• Make official local, nationwide and international (NWD & ISD) calls for the Country Office staff/Asia Regional Office Staff as and when required;
• Ensure that messages are effectively recorded correctly and communicated effectively to the staff if they are not available;
• Keep an updated record of all calls being made and ensure that these calls are properly charged to the respective projects/units; proper reporting/ statements/ monitoring, etc.;
• Maintain and expand the existing database of routine contact numbers of other offices, donors, members & partners;
• Keep an updated digital telephone index and revise it as and when required;
• As and when required, you will also provide staff with effective support in order to facilitate them in using IT services as an effective tool in their work.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor(s).
|• Graduate with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of basic administrative practices and procedures and IT services will be an added advantage.
• Ability to handle correspondence and office communications using MS Office (word, excel, power point).Sound knowledge of handling PABX operations.
• A self-driven personality with credibility, as well as the ability to solve problems.
• Being well organized and possessing good inter-personnel skills.
• Ability to deliver under pressure, multi-task and possess emotional stability.
• Knowledge of local languages, culture and conditions.
• Well versed in written and spoken English/Urdu.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/