Climate Change and Reef Management Workshops were planned to assist environmental managers, resort managers, and dive operators to understand the risks associated with climate change, to identify management strategies to reduce these risks and adaptation options to cope with unavoidable impact. The Project delivered training sessions that addressed the following issues:
- Understanding coral reefs and climate change.
- Predicting and preparing for coral bleaching events.
- Monitoring the impacts of climate change on coral reefs.
- Social and economic implications of coral bleaching events.
- Sharing knowledge and managing media.
- Understanding reef resilience in a changing climate.
- Building resilience through local management.
Read more in the project synopsis available for download below