International Conference on Managing Protected Areas under Climate Change (IMPACT)
Dresden, Germany, 24-26 September 2012
The Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IOER) is organizing an International Conference on Managing Protected Areas under Climate Change within the framework of the HABIT-CHANGE project (http://www.habit-change.eu).
IMPACT sets out to meet the growing need for sharing knowledge and experiences in the field of biodiversity conservation and climate change by bringing together researchers, conservation managers and decision-makers in the field of nature conservation.
IMPACT provides a platform for dialogue to develop a better understanding of the complex impacts of climate change on biodiversity on local level and the means to adapt management in protected areas accordingly.
Conference themes include:
- Assessing sensitivity
- Modelling of climate-induced impacts
- Management practices • Monitoring of climate-induced impacts
- Awareness raising, communication and stakeholder involvement
- Managing the unknown / Decision Support
- Legal aspects and policy recommendations
- Climate change impacts on species and invasive species