Arborvitae covers the most important issues currently affecting how forest resources are used and governed.
Arborvitae cubre los temas más importantes que actualmente inciden en cómo se utilizan y gobiernan los recursos forestales.
Arborvitae étudie les sujets les plus importants en matière d’utilisation et de gestion des ressources forestières.
- Forest plantations: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Plantations and Forests
- Feature: Forest plantations - threatening or saving natural forests?
- Environmental benefits from plantations
- Plantation industry perspectives
30 Sep 2006 | Downloads - publication
- Forests and biodiversity conservation
- Palm oil and forest conservation
- Feature: The role of forests in biodiversity conservation
- Forest concessions and conservation
- Local perspectives on forest conservation
- Agriculture and biodiversity conservation
30 Jun 2006 | Downloads - publication
- Forest Conservation and Poverty Reduction: the hunt for synergies
- Poverty-environment links in the field
- Feature: Forests and poverty reduction - an economics perspective
- Forests and poverty reduction: historical trends
- Forests and poverty reduction: the case of plantations
- Debates: Forest conservation and poverty reduction: compatible or competing?
31 Dec 2005 | Downloads - publication
- Forest Landscape Restoration
- Case Studies: moving toward FLR (Livelihoods in Tanzania, Argentina and Madagascar)
- Feature: Forest Landscape Restoration - Seeing the Bigger Picture
- More FLR case studies (Peru, England, India and China)
- Opinion: the challenge of FLR
31 Aug 2005 | Downloads - publication
- Forests and Natural Disasters
- Feature: Forests, natural disasters and human security
- Forests and floods: Does logging cause floods? Will rural-urban migration reduce floods?
- Natural disasters: socio-political issues
- People-led protection, the case of Haiti , and the ‘upstream degradation’ theory
- Livelihoods and forests: Trees in pastoralists’ drought mitigation strategies
31 Mar 2005 | Downloads - publication
- Whose forest is it anyway?
- Livelihoods and forests: Customary ownership of protected areas in PNG
- Feature: Forest ownership shifts and their implications for conservation
- Forest ownership: Legal and institutional issues. Forest sector decentralization, forest tenure law and India’s Unclassed State Forests
30 Sep 2004 | Downloads - publication
- Facing change: A warming story
- Protected areas: The effects of climate change on forest protected areas
- Livelihoods and forests: Fighting climate change: two projects taking action
- Climate change and forests Feature: Reviewing the rules for afforestation and reforestation activities under the Clean Development Mechanism of the Kyoto Protocol
- Guest Feature: PROFOR
31 May 2004 | Downloads - publication
- The Challenge of Governance
- Feature: Improving forest governance
- Livelihoods and Forests: Community-based fire management in Pakistan
- Guest Feature: The Tropical Forest Trust
31 Dec 2003 | Downloads - publication
- The future of protection
- Focus: Protected Areas
- Livelihoods and Forests: Recognising community-based conservation
30 Sep 2003 | Downloads - publication
- What makes partnerships work?
- Focus - Partnerships for conservation:
Partners in Forest Management (by Margaret Rainey/WWF).
Partners in Restoration (by Stephanie Mansourian/WWF).
Progress through Partnerships – World Bank/WWF Alliance (by Mark Hurley/WWF-US)
- A Global Partnership: Partnerships for peace (by Bihini won wa Musiti/IUCN), International Environmental Agreements (by Alvaro Luna/IUCN)
31 May 2003 | Downloads - publication