Senior Forest Programme Officer
29 April 2010 | Job vacancy
The IUCN China Programme seeks to recruit a self-motivated professional for the position of Senior Forest Programme Officer. Based in the IUCN China Liaison Office in Beijing, the Senior Forest Programme Officer will report directly to the China Programme Coordinator, and additionally to Coordinator Regional Forest Programme on all technical matters.
The Senior Forest Programme Officer will assist with the management, coordination and further development of the activities of this programme. The position will be responsible for the following main duties:
· Establish the Forest Programme and networks in China.
· Manage and implement forest projects and initiatives in China.
· Oversee administration and planning of the China Forest Programme, including record keeping, preparing workplans and budgets, technical and financial reports, and communication, conducting evaluations of China Forest Programme staff, dealing with internal and external correspondence, organizing events and publishing various materials.
· Assist with fund-raising for the continuation and expansion of the China Forest Programme and relevant regional programmes (particularly the forestry programme), including the development of concepts and proposals.
· Facilitate and participate in project design and documentation.
· Take lead, participate in, and contribute to the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of IUCN's forest conservation activities at the country and regional level.
· Strengthen linkages with the Regional Forest Programme, the Global Forest Programme, a selected number of country programmes, and other programmes which could contribute to forest conservation at various levels.
· Develop and foster working relationships with government agencies (especially State Forestry Administration - SFA) and other partners in strengthening forest conservation initiatives.
· When necessary, represent the IUCN China Programme at formal meetings and seminars and meet with official visitors and guests.
· Carry out any other relevant tasks that may from time to time be requested by the China Programme Coordinator
Duty Station: IUCN China Liaison Office, Beijing, China
Candidates should possess a master’s degree in natural resource management, forestry or other field related to conservation. At least six years working experience in a relevant field, either in a government agency, international organization or NGO is required, as well as experience with project or programme management. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. S/he will also demonstrate strength in word-processing and spreadsheets. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multicultural, multidisciplinary team is highly desirable.
This position is open for Chinese nationals only and is for a period of two years with the possibility of extension. This position is classified as P2 in our classification system and starting minimum basic monthly salary is CNY 20,908.
Interested candidates should send their application and CV along with the names of two referees by 21 May 2010 to:
Regional Human Resources Unit,
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature
Asia Regional Office # 63 Sukhumvit Soi 39, 10110, Bangkok, Thailand