The Business and Biodiversity programme work aims at promoting sustainability standards and safeguards in companies’ sourcing activities that have a positive impact on biodiversity and the livelihoods of local people.
2013-2016 BBP results: encouraging supply chains to apply sustainability standards and safeguards for a positive impact on biodiversity and local livelihoods.
- Support the development of the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative to develop a sustainability standard for the production of aluminium www.iucn.org/nespresso
- Integrate biodiversity and livelihood considerations in biofuel production www.iucn.org/bioenergy
- Identify biodiversity and social safeguards for large scale renewable energy infrastructure www.iucn.org/renewables
- Integrate biodiversity in the development and operations of hotels and resorts www.iucn.org/hotels
- Build ecotourism business skills of conservation organizations www.iucn.org/ecotourism