Under the IUCN-Shell collaborative partnership agreement, Shell is providing institutional and project support to IUCN in areas of business engagement, business skills, and business process development.
Current activities under the IUCN-Shell agreement:
- Secondments between Shell and IUCN
- Improving the understanding and use of the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species™
- Pilot project on Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD) (pdf summary)
- Training provided by Shell to IUCN
- Pilot project exploring the feasibility of an IUCN Business Academy for Conservation
Objective: Strengthen IUCN capacity for leadership in business and biodiversity.
Outcome: Shell providing institutional and project support to IUCN in the areas of business engagement, business skills and business process development.