Vacancy announcement programme officer, Myanmar (based in Yangon)
09 July 2013 | Job vacancy
IUCN is seeking a qualified individual to join our project in Myanmar. The Programme Officer Myanmar position is based in Yangon, Myanmar and will be initially for a period of six (6) months, extendable based on mutual agreement and subject to availability of funding.
The role has included managing a “pre-project” phase of information gathering and strategic planning in advance of a 5-year period of investment in priority protected areas in Myanmar financed by the Norwegian Government’s Directorate of Nature Management (DN), and overseen by the Ramsar Secretariat.
The Program Officer will communicate and coordinating with partners and stakeholders, including international and national NGOs and the Myanmar government in implementing IUCN projects in Myanmar.
- Masters’ degree in environmental science or a related field (coastal/marine management, natural resource management, protected areas, etc.).
- At least five years of experience working in the field of environmental sciences/natural resource management, ideally in Asia.
- Experience working with a diverse range of partners such as international organizations, NGOs, and government departments.
- Willingness to be based in Yangon, Myanmar
- Excellent English communication skills
SALARY commensurate with experience
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please visit: https://hrms.iucn.org/iresy/index.cfm?event=vac.show&vacId=581
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.