Pranburi activity 2: Study on biodiversity in an abandoned shrimp farm
The project will be implemented in the Sirinard Rajini Mangrove Ecosystem Learning Centre, located in Pak Nam Pran, Pranburi District, Prachubkirikan Province (Southern Thailand).
October 2009 - December 2010
The project will be implemented by the Reforestation Group of Pranburi, led by Mr.Sarn Rengrith, supervised by the IUCN-Project management committee. The project is coordinated by IUCN Thailand Programme representatives.
The IUCN project management committee consists of:
- Mr.Patara Intarapirot, the Sirinard mangrove forest centre’s committee advisor and former head of the Pranburi Forest Park
- Mr.Prathan Sangworn, the Sirinard mangrove forest centre’s committee chairman and head of the Pranburi Forest Park
- Mrs.Srisurang Mashsirikul, PTT representative
- Ms.Srichan Monrakklarom, SiX-SENSES Resort& Spa representative
- Ms. Radda Larpnun, IUCN representative
- Collect information from stakeholders about converting an abandoned shrimp farm into mangrove forest and produce a "lesson learnt" book
- Organize participatory activities about how to convert an abandoned shrimp farm into a mangrove forest
- Develop the Sirinard Rajini Mangrove Ecosystem Learning Centre’s capacit as a learning centre for youth and general public
- A "lesson learnt" knowledge product about converting an abandoned shrimp farm into mangrove forest has been produced
- Various community stakeholders have participated in converting an abandoned shrimp farm into mangrove forest
- The Sirinard Rajini Mangrove Ecosystem Learning Centre's capacity as a learning centre for the youth and the general public has been enhanced.