Vacancy - Country Representative
IUCN is seeking a qualified individual to lead the IUCN Sri Lanka Country Office.
The Country Representative is the head of IUCN’s operations in Sri Lanka under the agreement between IUCN and the Government of Sri Lanka, and has the overall responsibility of representing IUCN in Sri Lanka and for the management of IUCN’s Programme in Sri Lanka. S/he will be expected to work closely with the members – both governmental and non-governmental, and commission members to build relationships and collaborative arrangements with all appropriate partners.
The Country Representative will also be responsible to build a stronger organizational IUCN presence in Sri Lanka leading to strengthening of the Asia Region’s operations.
• A Masters Degree in natural resources management, sustainable development or a similar field.
• At least 10 years of progressive experience in senior management roles within similar organisations.
• A proven track record of managing adaptive organizations and handling complex operations and diverse teams with a special focus on strategic programme planning and project development.
• Excellent managerial, analytical, interpersonal, negotiating and team building skills
• Knowledge of key conservation & development issues, government and donor networks in Sri Lanka and South Asia.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deal tactfully with sensitive political issues including experience of handling a cross-cultural work force in a multi cultural, multi disciplinary setting.
• Knowledge and experience with donor funded programmes and projects.
• Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues.
• Fluency in written & spoken English, computer literacy and willingness to travel frequently.
• Sri Lankan citizenship
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 September 2013
Salary commensurate with experience
For more information, please visit
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System,
by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified