IUCN is seeking a qualified individual to join our Lao PDR Country Office.
The Chief Technical Advisor, EU Global Climate Change Alliance project aims at scaling-up best practices implementation examples that are related to eco-system based adaptation in the four NAPA sectors of Laos which are water, agriculture by turning the best practices into capacity development products (manuals, trainings, workshops, site visits study tours). Once capacity is built, EbA is meant to become part of the regular planning cycles of the province and district development plans through on the job coaching done by the IUCN project. Important inputs to the whole capacity development and planning cycles are expected from the NUDP project, the two other EU GCCA projects, but also many other related projects and initiatives need to be considered even outside the target region.
At least a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as Climate Change, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Management, Development Studies, International Relations, Project Management or MBA
- At least 13 to 15 years of progressive work experience out of which at least 5 years in a project leadership role; experience in project implementation and execution is essential
- Experience and ability to work in a multicultural and multi-perspective environment and a broad awareness of the Greater Mekong politics and relations
- Experience of managing diverse teams essential
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with Climate Change or related environment/development issues will be an added advantage
- Understanding of political complexities in the Asian and especially Greater Mekong Region
- Capacity to interact effectively with, and ability to influence a wide range of people at different levels including donors, the private sector, NGOs, government officials
- Strong presentation skills and exceptional written and spoken communication skills in English essential
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17 November 2013
Salary commensurate with experience, For more information, please visit http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/ and click vancancy #680.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified