A round-up of resources, articles and papers likely to be of interest to the SULi community.
- The ICCA Consortium (born out of IUCN CEESP and WCPA Commission relations) is an international association dedicated to promoting the appropriate recognition of and support to ICCAs (Indigenous Peoples’ and Community Conserved Areas and Territories). The Consortium publishes a newsletter with topical articles and calls to action, publications and conference announcements related to ICCAs, conservation, sustainable livelihoods and collective rights.
- African Indaba is a bi-monthly newsletter on wildlife and incentive-driven-conservation in Africa for people interested in the conservation, management and the sustainable use of Africa's wild natural resources.
- Conservation that’s more than skin-deep: alligator farming; B. Moyle (2013); Biodiversity and Conservation.
- Success factors for pairing conservation with enhanced forest and fish-based livelihoods; Robinson et al (2013); The Environment for Development initiative.
- Indigenous Peoples’ food systems & well-being: interventions & policies for healthy communities; Ed. H.V. Kuhnlein et al (2013); FAO
- Conservation as if People Also Mattered: Policy and Practice of Community-based Conservation; A. Kothari et al (2013); Conservation & Society
- National Parks and ICCAs in the High Himalayan Region of Nepal: Challenges and Opportunities; Stevens, S. (2013); Conservation & Society
- Prices, poaching, and protein alternatives: An analysis of bushmeat consumption around Serengeti National Park, Tanzania; D. Rentsch and A. Damon (2013); Ecological Economics
- Identifying the World’s Most Climate Change Vulnerable Species: A Systematic Trait-Based Assessment of all Birds, Amphibians and Corals; W.B. Foden et al (2013); PloS ONE
- Exploring the Relationship between Local Support and the Success of Protected Areas; G. Holmes (2013); Conservation & Society
- Rethinking Ivory; Why Trade in Tusks Won’t Go Away; J.F. Walker (2013); World Policy Journal
- Conservation-Based Rural Development in Namibia: A Mixed-Methods Assessment of Economic Benefits; J.A. Silva and A.W. Mosimane (2013); The Journal of Environment & Development
- Community-Based Conservation, Income Governance, and Poverty Alleviation in Tanzania: The Case of Serengeti Ecosystem; A.G. Mwakaje et al (2013); The Journal of Environment & Development
- Local Power Structures and Their Effect on Forest Land Allocation in the Buffer Zone of Tam Dao National Park, Vietnam; C.A. Coe (2013); The Journal of Environment & Development
- Conservation Businesses and Conservation Planning in a Biological Diversity Hotspot; E. Di Minin et al (2013); Conservation Biology;
- Socioeconomic and political trade-offs in biodiversity conservation: a case study of the Cerrado Biodiversity Hotspot, Brazil; F. V. Faleiro and R.D. Loyola (2013); Diversity and Distributions
- Wolves and hunters - Killing them softly: Are hunters the problem, or the solution? The Economist (2012)
- The wolf returns - Call of the wild; The Economist (2012)