Alexandre Kiss Award 2008
04 September 2008 | News story
It is a great pleasure to announce to you the winners of the Second Edition of our Alexandre Kiss Award for young professionals in Environmental Law, in order to increase their interest in research on environmental law and policy issues.
This year’s topics were:
- Legal frameworks to address climate change. National and regional responses to a global challenge.
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency. Exploring legal measures for their promotion.
We received an unexpected number of papers on these two topics written in English, French and Spanish.
The judges were Dr. Michel Prieur, Dr. Daniel Sabsay and Dr. Alejandro Iza.
The first prize of this award will consist of an internship at the IUCN Environmental Law Centre in Bonn, where the winner will have the opportunity of further advancing in her/his research. The 5 best papers will be published.
After an exhaustive evaluation carried out by the judges, the results are the following:
Mr. César Ipenza with his submitted paper “Los Biocombustibles/Agroenergéticos: ¿son una energía alternativa y eficiente? Un protocolo conjunto para dos acuerdos ambientales multilaterales – CDB Y CMNUCC”
The papers which have been selected to be published are the following:
- Christophe Krolik: “Le droit de l'énergie durable comme moyen de valoriser les énergies renouvelables et l'efficacité énergétique.”
- Anne Sophie Tabau: “Le systeme communautaire d’echange de quotas d’emission de gaz a effet de serre, instrument du leadership de la communaute europeenne dans la lutte globale contre les changements climatiques”.
- Chris Mc Grath: “Will we leave the Great Barrier Reef for our children?”
- Krishnendu Mukherjee: “A hungry Tide. The legal response to Climate Change adaptation and reparation”.
This year’s Alexandre Kiss Award has been very successful. I would like to thank all those who have submitted their papers, and encourage all young lawyers to do the same for the next call for papers. I am also very thankful for the support and work of the judges and those who collaborated in a certain way with the accomplishment of this Award.
With kind regards,
Chair of CEL