An update on the Commission at Congress
09 May 2012 | News story
A quick update about elections, awards, workshop and the new CEC mandate and programme.
If you are planning to attend the IUCN World Conservation Congress in Korea, please inform CEC by sending an email to email@example.com. Thank you.
ELECTIONS: Two candidates are in the running for election as CEC Chair for 2013–2016. Read more about Nancy Colleton and Juliane Zeidler here >>
CEC MEETING: The CEC Members Meeting at Congress will be September 6 from 9 am to 12 pm (location to be announced). You will have the opportunity to meet the two candidates for CEC Chair. I
AWARDS: Three awards will be presented at the CEC meeting and another will follow:
- The IUCN CEC Youth Award will be awarded by the CEC Chair to recognize and motivate an outstanding CEC member 18-35 years of age who has shown exemplary engagement in conservation work.
- The IUCN CEC Chair's Award will be awarded by the CEC Chair in recognization of an individual's contribution to communication and learning for sustainability.
- The Brandwein Medal will be presented in partnership with CEC to an outstanding conservation educator.
- An award for Spanish-language climate change materials, Premio UICN-CEC al material en español para al cambio climático, will be awarded by IUCN CEC on September 7.
IUCN CEC WORKSHOPS: The Commission will lead four workshops at the World Conservation Forum (dates and times coming soon) as well as a session at the Conservation Campus. Information about all workshops can be found here >>
- Communicating Change: How to use the power of communication to drive conservation action
- Scenarios for the South China Sea Exploring future sharing of nature’s benefits and scoping pathways for dialogue
- CEC Workshop on Agriculture/Food Security and Biodiversity
- Beyond Jargon II – The Next Generation of Communication Strategies for a Sustainable World
- Knowledge exchange in the social cloud, New pathways for professional updating in conservation (Conservation Campus)
Many CEC members and partners will be organizing workshops and events where CEC will be participating. If you are organizing one, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW CEC MANDATE: The new CEC Mandate for 2013-2016 will be voted on during Congress:
NEW CEC PROGRAMME: See related story >>
WILL YOU BE IN JEJU?
If you are planning to attend Congress in Jeju, please let us know at email@example.com